Sunday, December 18, 2011

Jingle All The Way

Yesterday, I ran in the Jingle All the Way 5k with my friend Jessica.
It was Jessica's second race and a first for me.
My mom was on hand to cheer for us and she was such a trooper in the freezing cold weather.  


My race number!


The race wasn't an overly crowded one, so it was a great introduction to the racing scene.  I decided to take things slow in the beginning, because my over all goal was just to finish the race.  I had only ran a 5k once before and that was Monday on a practice run.  Much to my surprise I completed the race with much more ease that I anticipated and I really enjoyed it!  I'm ready for the next one!




My final time was 32:10, so I averaged just over 10 minutes per mile.  
For the next race I am shooting for 9 minute miles and to finish under 30 minutes!




Elation!  I was so proud of myself!




I haven't really competed in any sports since college,
so it was really cool to feel my competitive spirit coming back.
I am even trying to convince Daniel to get back into running and try a 5k out with me.
Who know's maybe a half-marathon is in my future!!  

1 comment: