Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas, New Years, and all the things we need to catch up on

I took a little blogcation... i'll blame it on the holidays.
Christmas was amazing!  Daniel and I got to spend a lot of time with our families and we were reminded of how blessed we are to have such a great support system.  He spoiled me again like he always does with some amazing gifts and we really just had an awesome first Married Christmas!

We started our own traditions this year for our new family.  We were booked solid throughout the weekend of Christmas, so we woke up really early on the morning of Christmas Eve to celebrate our Christmas together.  The morning consisted of breakfast casserole and monkey bread, watching Christmas movies and opening gifts.  It was a wonderful and relaxing way to spend Christmas together.


We spent Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family and then spent the night with my parents... I wanted to make sure Santa could still find me... he did!  My brother forced me to contain my excitement and I wasn't allowed to get up until 8 am Christmas morning for presents.  After a fun filled morning of gifts and family time we headed to my dad's parents house for lunch and then on to Daniel's parents house for dinner.  If we didn't do anything else over Christmas we definitely ate well!  It was really the nicest Christmas, but I say that every year since it keeps getting better and better!


Betsy wanted to say "Merry Christmas"
Many of my presents this year were "teacher" themed and my mom got me this amazing bag!

New Years was not quite as busy.  My brother-in-law and his wife are moving into their house this week, so we spent the afternoon helping them out and I think everyone was pretty pooped by 10 pm that night.  We all perked up in time to see the ball drop, but no pictures resulted from our quiet evening.

2011 was a year to remember... lets recap all the adventures in pictures

Top 11 of 2011

1. Got married!


2. Went to Disney World


3. Quit my job and started graduate school


4. Moved out of my childhood home and into my first apartment with Daniel


5. Watched my little brother graduate from high school and start college


6. Ran my very first 5k!


7. Went to the Outer Banks for our honeymoon!


8. Started this blog


9. Taught my very first high school classes and loved it!


10. Went on an amazing family vacation to see the Atlanta Braves vs. the Texas Rangers


11. Became the proud own of an IPad 2!


Thanks to everyone who reads my little blog.  My new years blog resolution is to spend a little more time on my blog and build it up.  I hope you all had an amazing holiday season and are super rested as you return to the real world! When's the next holiday break?

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I love you and pray 2012 is a very blessed year for you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete