Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Farmhouse Muffins

Today's recipe is a favorite in the Chase house.  My mom has been making Farmhouse Muffins for as long as I can remember.  My brother and I use to forget what they were called and then we would ask her if she could make some "Barnyard Muffins."  Years later we realized how gross the thought of "Barnyard Muffins" sounded!

The actual recipe is a little different than how I made them tonight.  The chili filling that I make for my recipe is the same that I use to make my homemade spaghetti sauce.  I made it, because I knew I would have some leftover and I could use it to make some Baked Spaghetti the next night.  I'll be back later this week with my Baked Spaghetti recipes, so you will have both chili recipes to choose from!

Farmhouse Muffins


what you need
1 can (10 count) refrigerated biscuits
1 lb. hamburger
1/2 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

how to make it
Brown hamburger and then add the remaining ingredients once it is brown.
Drain the grease if necessary.

Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray and flatten out biscuits and place one in each cup.

Cover each biscuit with approximately 2-3 tsp. of chili mixture.

Top with cheese and bake at 350 degree for 13-15 minutes or until biscuits are done.


This is also a great way to make mini deep dish pizzas.  Just substitute the chili mixture with pizza sauce and add some toppings.  They would be great to have for a party, but they are so simple to make!

In other news... I got the most amazing hat this weekend.  I scored this beauty for around $2.  I might be the cutest bear cub in town now.  It was my mom's idea, because she thought it was hilarious.  Once I put it on my head though, I realized it was like wearing a mini heater and I was sold!

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. Precious hat... Haha! I can't wait to try these muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that hat is awesome! and for only $2 what a steal. those muffins look so good too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! My husband would definitely approve this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! They are worth a try and so delicious!

      Delete