Friday, January 13, 2012

Oh The Places You'll Go

I, like the rest of the world, have become slightly addicted to Pinterest.
One of my favorite borads recently has been one that I entitled "Oh The Places You'll Go"
Dr. Seuss' much beloved book has been my inspiration for researching all the places in the world that I want to travel to one day.  
Daniel and I have great dreams of being world travelers before we become parents.

Some of my favorite places:


London- I traveled there in January of 2009 and it was the most amazing city.  I always tell people that its the best place to start in Europe, because your introduced to the European culture, without the task of a new language. 



The Maldives- If its good enough for William and Kate, then its good enough for me!  The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge spent their honeymoon in this amazing island nation surrounded by the Indian Ocean.  When I have the spending allowance they have, then it will be first on my list!

Paris- Who doesn't love Paris?  I must say that the brief glimpse I got in 2009 though was certainly not enough to fulfill my desire for Paris in the springtime. Daniel and I strolling down the Champs-Elysees and eating the fresh Parisan bread fills my daydreams often!


The Lighthouses of North Carolina- While on our honeymoon, Daniel and I unintentionally began a quest to see all the lighthouses of North Carolina.  We stayed at an amazing B&B near Cape Hatteras and climbed all the way to the top- its the tallest lighthouse in North America!  On the way home we stopped at the Bodie Island Lighthouse and back in October we went to see Old Baldy on Bald Head Island.  
Only a few left!



Mont St. Michel, France- This enchanting castle is often compared to Hogwarts by Harry Potter fans, but this abbey is located on the tidal island that experiences extreme high and low tides throughout the day.  I stayed in a hotel in France that offered a free shuttle to the island, but time did not permit, so I cannot wait to go back and actually see it!


Ireland- While in Disney World we were stranded in a gift shop in the "United Kingdom" and had the privilege of talking with a young girl named Lindsey from North Ireland.  In the short time we spent with her, our curiosity and desire for Ireland grew and now it is on the top of the travel list for the Penningtons. 

So where are your favorite places to travel or what's your dream vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment