Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crockpot Italian Chicken

I was lucky enough to have a day off recently, while Mr. Pennington had to spend the day at school (haha)!  So in his absence and with free range over the apartment I set about on a little DIY project and tried a new crockpot recipe.

My DIY project was repainting an old nightstand so that it will finally match our decor.  The problem was that my nightstand was black... i mean really black and I wanted to paint it white.  Well thanks to Lowes, $15 later I have a brand new nightstand.  Check out the before and after:


The nightstand is not quite complete yet.  I also bought a beautiful blue paint that I am going to use to create a stencil pattern on it and I have to add new hardware.  I'll be sure to update later when it is completely finished.

P.S. the best investment in the world is paint with primer already in it!!  its incredible how quickly this piece of furniture went from black to white with little difficulty!

While my paint was drying I found a recipe on Pinterest that I had been dying to try.  Its called Italian Chicken Pasta.  It was pretty simple to make and the results were very good.


Italian Crockpot Chicken


what you need

4 chicken breasts
1 packet dry Zesty Italian dressing
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup

how to make it
Place the chicken in a crockpot and sprinkle Italian dressing over it. 
Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small pot over low heat and pour over chicken. 
Cook on low for at least 4 hours. You can leave it in there all day.  Once chicken is done you can leave the chicken breasts whole, cube it, or even shred it.


end result



In other news I have been on the hunt for a Halloween Costume for this year!  I have finally narrowed down my choices, but there is still a good chance I will change my mind again!  So, what are your great ideas for Halloween this year?? 

2 comments: