Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our Engagement Story

I tried my hand at blogging before our big day and there was just not enough time.
So I thought I would gradually share the pieces of our life that led up to
becoming Mr. & Mrs.
Today we start with Our Engagement Story


September 10, 2010 started out just like any other day.  Daniel at school and I at work.
Lucky for us both we got off early that day and  decided to take a little day vacation
We took off around lunch time for one of my favorite places
Tryon Palace in New Bern, NC


Daniel was acting a little nervous that day, but he always gets that way when he has a big test coming up, so I attributed his odd behavior to that.  We spent the afternoon wandering through the beautiful gardens and enjoying each other's company.


Around 3:00 we had finished up our tour and decided to sit in one of my favorite gardens until our dinner reservation.  We sat there for over an hour talking about life, love, and everything under the sun.  At one point, Daniel said lets go over and look at that fountain a little closer.




While I was looking at the fountain, Daniel stood behind me.  I could see his shadow a little and I kept thinking, "What is he doing back there?" 
Then it happened!!!  Daniel said, "Summer..."

I turned around to find him down on bended knee and he said

"Will you be my wife?  Will you marry me?"

At first, I thought is this happening??? And then I said, "Are you sure?"
HAHA!! Not the response either of us had expected!  I was just so surprised!

Then I came to my senses and screamed "YES!"

Finally, I noticed this little beauty in his hand!


That was one of the best days of our lives and we talk about how we wish we could do it again all the time!  Our engagement was exactly how we had both pictured it, so romantic!  We went to dinner afterwards and then headed home to share the good news with everyone!

The happy couple!


1 comment: