Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve


may your stuffing be tasty
may your turkey be plump, 
may your potatoes and gravy
have nary a lump
may your yams be delicious
and your pies take the prize,
and may your Thanksgiving dinner
stay off your thighs!
-Author Unknown

So its Thanksgiving Eve and we have been busy little bees at the Chase house.
Food preparations and decorations are underway, 
now all thats left is sleep and the big day tomorrow

Tomorrow will be awesome.  Why you ask?

1. THE FOOD 
(no explanation needed)

2. Family Time
Daniel and I are lucky enough to see our family a lot, but its really nice to get together for the holidays and this year both of our families are celebrating together!

3. Games
That's right- all of you headed to the Chase house tomorrow be ware... I have planned some awesome Thanksgiving inspired games to play, so get excited

4. Did I mention the food?

5. Christmas is right around the corner!
I love Thanksgiving, but come on you know you are pumped that the best holiday ever is around the corner!  I am particularly excited about Christmas this year, because that means I am exactly half way through my master's program and graduation is only 5 months away!


In other news, I started a new fitness regime this week.  I emailed a friend recently inquiring about her success with running a 5k, because I was really interested.  She gave me some great advice and I selected a program on my phone very similar to the Couch to 5k program and I have successfully completed the first week of running.  I am feeling so much better since I have started going to the gym regularly and I really hope I can keep it up with the upcoming holidays.  I have also started scouting out some local 5k races for early next years, because I want to have a firm date to work towards!  I am still an amateur at this whole working out thing, so if you have any great tips or websites with tips for workout newbies let me know! 

Tomorrow is a free day though... and this will be me... all day long!


2 comments:

  1. I will run a 5K with you Summer! I'm so proud of you that's very exciting & something cool to accomplish! Miss you. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you have started running! I can't wait to start running with you in the Spring!! :) Let me know what races you want to run and I will join you!! Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete