Thursday, January 24, 2013

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Tennis season is in full swing.  The Australian Open is pumping along and the women are slugging it out as I type.  The highlight so far has been Sloane Stephens amazing three-set win over Serena Williams.  I am beyond impressed with this young woman and hopeful that she will be a bright light for American tennis.  My picks for this years Open are Roger Federer on the men's side and either Sharapova or Stephens on the women's.  By the time this post reaches the world wide web the women's finals will be set.  Sadly, I cannot stay up until the wee hours of the morning to see how it turns out.  

Source

Tennis has always been a big part of my life.  I've played since I was a preteen and all the way through college.  I still play some times, but I do more coaching than playing.  I get excited four times a year when the major tournaments are going on and I cannot wait until I get to actually visit one.  Visiting all four majors (the Australian (Melbourne), Wimbledon (London), Roland Garros (Paris), and the US Open (NYC)) has been on my bucket list for over a decade.  I hope I can start knocking these off in the near future (hint Mr. P)!  


Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment