Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cheesy Beef and Noodle Casserole

I'm not overly set on the name of this recipe, but its a pretty accurate description of the meal.  A few weeks ago when I made Farmhouse Muffins I had a large batch of spaghetti sauce leftover intentionally so I could make spaghetti casserole the next night.  Well the next night rolled around and for some reason I was not feeling spaghetti noodles or we didn't have any one so I threw in a little rotini and changed up the casserole.  It turned out amazing!  You truly cannot beat homemade spaghetti sauce, noodles of any kind, and CHEESE!!  Yummy!


I can't take credit for my spaghetti sauce, but I sure will give it to my mom.  She makes making spaghetti sauce look like and art and you will not be disappointed if you try this.  I use this sauce for pretty much everything: spaghetti, chili, sloppy joe's, farmhouse muffins, etc.  The only thing that changes from recipe to recipe is the amount of liquid... no one wants runny sloppy joe's :(


Mom's Famous Spaghetti Sauce
1 lb. ground beef (add salt and pepper to taste)
1 can tomato soup
1 can water
1 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tsp. garlic powder
Peppers and Onions (optional, but delicious)

Brown hamburger and drain off excess grease.  Add the remaining ingredients, stir, bring to a boil, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Easy Peasey Lemon Squeezy

Now for my casserole...


Cheesy Beef and Noodle Casserole
While spaghetti sauce is simmering, boil pasta and combine with sauce when al dente.  Pour in casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Eat.

You better bet I made more than one trip to the casserole dish

T-minus 33 days and counting until I complete my internship... In the famous words of the Little Engine that Could.... "I think I can, I think I can"

No comments:

Post a Comment