Sunday, March 4, 2012

Finding A Church

Hello to you all...  Yes, I am in fact still alive.  Graduate school may be slowly sucking the life out of me, but only 37 days of school stand between me and graduation!  I can do it!

Now to you poor readers who I have completely neglected... I am sorry.  I will try to do better, but one should not make promises they cannot keep, so lets leave it at try.  I wanted to take a little time to talk about something that Mr. Pennington and I have been up to lately... finding a new church.

When we met (way back in 2005) we were attending at church that was truly the perfect environment for nurturing our young souls.  Once we graduate high school and started college, we visited a few other churches and often times I went with my mom to my home church.  Well when we got married and moved to a new city it was a whole new challenge to find a church.

Back when we were little bits
Luckily, we didn't move too far away from our hometowns, so people were able to suggest a few places.  We tried out a place here and there, but nothing seemed to click.  Have you guys experienced trying to find a new church?  Its a tough decision, because we want to be committed to a church that can foster our growth in Christ and as a newly married couple.  Meeting people at church has proved to be difficult too.  Smaller churches are a little easy, because new people stick out.  At large churches though, no one knows if your new or not and it can be a challenge.

With all this being said, I think we have found a church we like and this Sunday they had an amazing guest worship leader named Casey Darnell visit.  Casey is a worship pastor at on of the campuses of North Point Community Church in Atlanta, Georgia which also happend to be the church of one amazing pastor named Andy Stanley.  Casey truly blessed the worship at church this morning and I think Mr. Pennington and I are really starting to enjoy it there.  If you get a chance check out some of Casey's music here.


So guys, have you found finding a new church to be a challenge?  Do you have any advice about searching for a new church?  Happy Sunday and I hope you have an amazing week (especially if your my husband who is on spring break and likes to rub it in my face!).

No comments:

Post a Comment