Wednesday, November 14, 2012

20 Places Every American Should Visit

In light of our new series we started yesterday, I am carrying on with the travel theme.  Daniel and I have been discussing on a regular basis where we would like to take a family vacation to next year hopefully.  See, with the exception of our honeymoon, we have never been on a vacation together with just the two of us.  Its a little overwhelming thinking about narrowing down the five million choices that we have come up with.  Some are realistic... some not so much.  Here are some ideas we have been throwing around.... Disney, Europe, the Outer Banks, Washington, D.C., New York City.  I guess we will have to wait and see what happens!

I was recently searching a travel site and came across the "Twenty Places Every American Should Visit."  I found this really interesting.  As much as I love international travel, I think sometimes I should really concentrate more on seeing more of our own country.  American is the home of some truly beautiful sites.  Check out the list below and see which one's have made your list.
(I have traveled to the one's in pink!)

20 Places every American Should Visit

Highway 1, Calif.

French Quarter, New Orleans, La.

National Mall, Washington, D.C.

Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, Nev.

Yellowstone National Park, Wyo.

Times Square, New York City

Nashville, Tenn.

Grand Canyon, Ariz. (Flew over on the way to Las Vegas)

Hollywood Walk of Fame, Los Angeles, Calif.

Disney's Magic Kingdom, Orlando, Flordia

Independence National Historical Park, Philadelphia, Penn.

Taos Pueblo, N.M.

Fenway Park, Boston, Mass.

South Beach, Miami, Fla.

Civil Rights District, Atlanta, Ga. (I have been to Atlanta, but never the CR district)

Gettysburg National Military Park, Gettysburg, Pa.

Architecture in Chicago, Ill.

Ellis Island, N.J. (I have seen it on the ferry to the Statue of Liberty, but I have never been inside)

Pearl Harbor, O'ahu, Hawaii

Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City, N.Y. (Only the outside)

Question of the Day: If you could choose any place in the world to vacation, where would it be?

1 comment:

  1. I've loved reading your blog everyday! My dream vacation would be Portland, but I guess that really doesn't count since I'd much rather live, not vacation, there. And going on a couples vacation is very fun and romantic but you end up with a lot of pictures of each of you separately. It's much more blog appropriate to go with another couple (ahem...Steve and Stacy) so you get lots of couple pictures!

    ReplyDelete