Friday, November 2, 2012

My two favorite "F" words....

Well, now that I have your attention and hopefully a few more readers I can get to my post.

My two favorite "F" words.... Fall and Fridays!!

Let's just start with the fact that I LOVE a Friday like no other day of the week.  It's the day of the week that every teacher in America looks forward to... the quick pace of the day, the jubilation of 3:00 and the sound of the bell, and the finally the promise of a night with friends (adult interaction!) to bring you out of that teenage cloud you've been living in for the last five days. 

The second "F" is a given for anyone living in the South, with our Summers being so hot and humid.  They leave you thinking "Why did a I even bother to shower today?" the second you walk out the door.  So when the cool breeze of fall finally strikes our faces, we are the first the declare that is time for boots, scarves, and hot chocolate.  With the first frost of the season on the horizon though, Fall may not be here for long.  But that is okay by me, winter=snuggle time ;)
Happy Fall from (some) of The Penningtons!


I have to admit that I was missing the blogging world like crazy, but the demands of being a new teacher is more than I can bare most days.  I have finally started carving out some "me time" in my day by joining the gym about a month ago.  Its been a great way to wrap up my afternoons and feel better about myself.  I think I'm back in bloggerville though and hopefully to stay, but unlike the unwise politicians of the day I will not make any promises that I know I may not be able to keep!

So to keep with the "F" word theme of this post I am super excited to say that its First Friday at church tonight!  We get together with the other cool "young adults" of our Sunday school class to hang out, stuff our faces with pizza and grow in fellowship. I hope you have a great weekend and I'll see you guys real soon!

Summer :)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are back to your blogging world - I have been quite slack myself! I miss you so much... :( Come visit, well, when we have working roads again! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess!! I check your periodically to see if I missed a post! Get back on that blog girl! I really do want to come and see you guys... if the roads are ever useable!

    ReplyDelete