Friday, November 9, 2012

High Five For Friday

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend


I told you last week that Fridays are quickly becoming my favorite day of the week.  This week is no exception... 3:00, I've got my eye on you!

Today, I'm participating in High Five For Friday with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk.  I've followed her sister's blog, The Small Things Blog for some time now and I have just decided to try it out.  So here we go.

Here are my top 5 things of the week:

1. Election Day 2012

It's not quite what your thinking.  The students in my Civics class have been running their campaigns for the last week and it all culminated on Election Day!  They were so awesome and I cannot resist bragging a little.  There was debating, presidential speeches, and most importantly... SWEETS!  Don't you just love when students take your ideas and run with them!

2. Meatloaf

My love affair with meatloaf is long and serious.  The word "loaf" may gross some people out, but my mom's homemade meatloaf recipe will always hold a special place in my heart and stomach.  Daniel and I tag teamed in the kitchen Tuesday night to create a steller meal which left both of us saying "I wish I hadn't ate that third second serving."  Look for a recipe post next week!

3. Everyday with Rachael Ray

The magazine fairy placed the new Everyday magazine in my mailbox and its just in time for the holiday season!!  Yum-O is all I have to say about this little treat!

4. Colorful Skinny Jeans

I got the cutest pair of red skinny jeans this week.  Not only am I pumped because who doesn't loved a good pair of colorful skinny jeans, but they are just in time for Christmas!!  I have a feeling I am going to be super festive this holiday season!

5. Election Day 2012

While the big excitement for the week was happening in my classroom, I cannot miss the opportunity to say that a highlight of my week was exercising my right to vote.  Democracy can only work it the people support it, so to all of you who voted thanks for perserving the sacred tradition of our country.  

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Love those red pants! I've been trying to get some cute red ones myself. Lovin your blog! New follower. Also, I nominated you for the Liebster award. Check out my blog to figure out what that's about :) www.briannanicolec.blogspot.com

    Blog on!
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brianna! I am so excited to have a new follower and I really appreciate the nomination! I saw on your blog that your doing a Thanksgiving race... my husband and I are too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete