Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Recap

Oh is it Monday already?  My five days of pretending to be a stay-at-home wife were wonderful.  There was cooking, cleaning, shopping, and of course lots of eating.  But Sunday night rolled around and the reality of my decisions to play all week crashed down on me like a ton of bricks.  Lesson plans and grading were a harsh slap in the face to the reality that Monday held.

However, lets skip all that Negative Nancy stuff and get to the food.  Thanksgiving was amazing.  Like who doesn't love a holiday that is solely devoted to spending time with friends and family, eating delicious food, and sharing all that your thankful for?  Our Thanksgiving was so amazing that I managed to snap ONE picture.  It was of my food naturally.



Daniel and I have consumed more food in the last couple of days than we did the entire month of November.  We had lunch at my mom's Thursday, dinner at Daniel's parents, dinner again at my mom's friday night (leftovers), and then Friendsgiving at church on Sunday.  I have indulged in massive amounts of turkey, mashed potatoes, pineapple casserole, dressing, green bean casserole, mac&cheese, and tons of green veggies!


We also felt that no holiday would have been complete without a little trip to the hot and fresh sign.  Saturday night we hit up Krispy Kream (thanks to the hot & fresh sign app on my phone) and spent the evening watching Home Alone and Richie Rich.  I hope the next month moves at turtle speed, because I am LOVING all the holiday movies on ABC Family and the Hallmark channel!  

How was your holiday???  Did you join all the crazies on Black Friday???  Don't forget to tune in tomorrow for Traveling Tuesday!  Remember if you participate you can link up in the comments section below the post!

P.S. Special shout out to my grandma who had a birthday yesterday!  Happy Birthday Lo!

No comments:

Post a Comment